Everything You Need to Know About Saline Tattoo Removal
Getting a tattoo is the strongest way to express ourselves! However, you might love the ink initially but want to get it removed after some time. Fortunately, your tattoo can be removed with the help of a professional. When choosing the method for tattoo removal, you might consider the cost and something that hurts least. As compared to all the available options to remove tattoos, saline tattoo removal is one of the most preferred methods among clients.
What is Saline Tattoo Removal?
In this method, the tattoo is removed using an approved saline solution and a coil or rotary tattoo machine. The experts implant the saline solution using the same method the tattoo was applied. This hypertonic solution pulls the pigment to the surface of the skin and then it breaks up there. In this procedure, a scab forms on the surface of the skin. So, it is crucial to keep the scab dry, intact and let it fall off naturally. It is a gentler and quicker way of cosmetic or any other tattoo removal compared to any other method. It usually does not take more than 30 to 45 minutes when performed by an expert. However, you might need to attend more than one session.
How Does the Process Work?
- First, experts numb the area using a numbing cream to minimize the pain. And then, they sterilize the area. They penetrate the saline solution into the skin using a machine similar to the tattoo machine.
- After that, the solution breaks up the pigment and pulls it out on the outer surface of the skin. The process of pigment getting out on the skin works on the principle of “osmosis”.
- The extracted pigment starts turning into a scab over time and falls off. Then, you find your tattoo becoming lighter than ever. The process of healing the scab takes about 8 to 10 weeks depending upon your skin type.
Benefits That Saline Tattoo Removal Offers
- Saline tattoo removal is the safest for most skin types when compared to other methods that can lead to reactions on sensitive skin.
- It is comparatively less painful than laser removal or even less painful than the application of the tattoo.
- Saline tattoo removal is not color-specific like a laser. In other words, it is helpful to take out colorful pigments like red, orange, yellow, blue, etc.
- It can be effective in the body parts where the laser can break up the ink into the smaller fragments and push the pigment deeper into the skin.
- After getting the saline tattoo removal, you can easily get another tattoo in the same place once it is completely healed up. On the other hand, it cannot be possible with the other method of tattoo removal.
What to Do After the Procedure
After completing the procedure, it is best to let it dry. If you are someone who stays in the high- risk facilities such as a gym, school, hospital, etc, make sure to cover the wound to avoid any infection. It is recommended not to pull off the scab and let it fall off naturally. Also, make sure to avoid using any cosmetic product or makeup on the area. And lastly, make sure not to wet the area in the shower to get the best results.