Do eyes swell after undergoing permanent eyeliner tattoo procedure?
Most women have several questions regarding what happens after they get a permanent eyeliner tattoo. Naturally, your mind might also be swarming with questions, such as, will my eyes swell? How long does the healing take place? Can I wash my eyes? In this guide, we will try to clear all your doubts by explaining permanent eyeliner tattoo post-care in detail.
What to Expect Right after Permanent Eyeliner Procedure
Swelling, redness, dryness, flakiness, and itching are common in individuals when they come after getting permanent eyeliner. It is because the skin on your eyelid where permanent eyeliner is applied is very thin.
The length of time it takes to heal after the permanent eyeliner procedure varies from one person to another. The good thing is symptoms will disappear slowly after a few days.
If you are unsure about the color of your permanent eyeliner, remember that the true color will not become apparent before 4 to 6 weeks.
Permanent Eyeliner Post Care Guidelines that You Must Follow
Keep one thing in mind – your final results will depend on how well you will take care of your eyes right from the day you come home after the procedure.
What to Do Right After Procedure
Cleanse your eye area only through compresses with water-based wipes in the padding motion for the first four hours to absorb excess lymph fluid. Do not apply any kind of ointment because dry healing yields the best results. Avoid using water on your eyes for about a week. Prefer sleeping in a slightly elevated position. Use icepacks for about 10 to 15 minutes each hour for the first 4 to 8 hours.
What to Keep in Mind after Procedure until the Healing Completes Fully (Which Takes Around 4 to 5 Weeks)
- Do not pick, rub, and scratch your eyes. Otherwise, it can create complications such as scarring and you may also end up with uneven color.
- Avoid washing hair or face in a way that can get water, face wash, or shampoo in the treated eye area.
- Make sure that no water goes in the treated eye area for a minimum of 10 days and you can use oil-free wipes to clean the face.
- Do not use contact lenses for a few days
- Do not apply mascara until outer healing is complete, and once it is okay to apply mascara, please replace the old mascara with a new one.
- Avoid using eyelash curler for a few days.
- Don’t go in the direct sunlight for sunbathing or tanning for about 4 weeks after the procedure. If you need to go outside, please wear a hat and sunglasses.
- Avoid things that lead to heavy sweating or increased blood pressure in the eye area such as exercise, sports, sauna, swimming, steam room, Jacuzzi, and long hot showers for at least 10 days.
- Do not sleep on the face for at least 10 days and use a fresh pillowcase.
- Do not make appointments for any facials, microdermabrasion, micro needling, peels, or laser sessions for at least 4 to 5 weeks.
- Do not use exfoliants, such as glycolic acid, salicylic acid, Vitamin A, alpha hydroxyl acids, or lactic acids on the treated area for about 30 days; otherwise, it can lead to premature fading.
- Do not travel in open vehicles, such as boats, convertibles, bikes, and motorcycles.
- Do not perform any tasks that expose you to airborne debris.
After completion of the permanent eyeliner tattoo procedure, your artist will provide you with aftercare instructions. It is a must to follow them to ensure that you get the best results.